So delicious and so very French – make this dreamy, creamy pudding your own by adding the soft fruit of your choice and a little liqueur to give it that extra ‘je ne sais quoi’. Serve warm and enjoy, Bon Appétit!
A little soft butter and caster sugar to grease and prepare the dish
400g soft fruit – feature picture pitted cherries
30ml (2 Tbsp) liqueur – feature picture Kirsch
For the batter:
100g golden caster sugar
50g ground almonds
30ml (2tbsp) plain flour
A pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
300ml double cream
Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 175°C fan and use the small about of butter to grease a 10” (25cm) ceramic dish, then sprinkle with a little caster sugar.
- Place the fruit in the dish and pour over the liqueur.
- In a food processor add all the batter ingredients and blend until smooth
- Carefully pour the batter over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and only just set.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm sprinkled with icing sugar before serving.
Try other fruits: Raspberry with Chambord or perhaps with autumn upon us Blackberry with Cassis?