Why not enjoy the last remaining days of sunshine this September by making these delicious Courgette Fritters? They are perfect for using up a glut of this gorgeous vegetable.
The recipe is easy to multiply; even so I suggest using a box grater instead of a food processor otherwise the mixture will become too watery. Also make and fry immediately, as the mixture will become too wet to fry if left hanging around. Keep the fritters warm in the oven whilst cooking each batch and serve all at once with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
600g courgettes, topped & tailed
1 garlic clove crushed
3 eggs, beaten
30ml (2 Tbsp) freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
60ml (4 Tbsp) plain flour
30ml (2 Tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
Olive oil for frying
Wedges of lemon to serve
- Coarsely grate the courgettes using a box grater and place in a large bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the oil (approx. 1 cm deep) in a frying pan.
- Shallow fry heaped table spoons of the courgettes mixture until golden on both sides and firm, only turn once a good crust has formed.
- Serve immediately with wedges of lemon.