The Wooden Spoon Club put the ‘F’ Word Chef to the test last time we met and sure enough ‘F’ turned out to be for Fantastic Gordon Ramsay. His so-called foul-mouthed persona certainly didn’t come out in his food. In July we sat down to a fine feast full of fennel & feta, while football dominated the conversation as the World Cup was in full swing. This was indeed fitting as Mr Ramsay was a footballer before he started scoring goals in the kitchen.
* Carrot, Courgette & Halloumi Patties with Chilli Dressing
* Linguine with Lemon, Feta, Basil & Pine Nuts
* Tuna Niçoise
* Sea Bream with Sweet & Sour Peppers
* Caramelised Fennel & Red Onions
* Minted Melon, Feta & Fennel & Salad
* Hazelnut Meringue Tower
* Baked Ricotta Cheesecake with Orange & Cinnamon plus Caramelised Oranges
Gordon Ramsay’s recipes are surprisingly approachable and easy to follow with fine results. I personally prepared the ‘Minted Melon, Feta & Fennel & Salad’ from his ‘Fast Food’ book and I will now be turning to the other books I own by him, particularly his ‘Sunday Lunch’ & ‘Gordon Ramsay A Chef For All Seasons’ book, which I can’t wait to cook from this Autumn. As for our feast, he was certainly our man of the match.
Next meeting: We will be choosing dishes from Delicious Magazine