My present muffin craze it still going, this time I have created a savoury muffin which is perfect for picnics, brunches or simply lunch on the go. Feel free to change the additional ingredients and toppings to suit your own taste.
125g self-raising flour
125g wholemeal flour
7.5ml (1 1/2 tsp) baking powder
Pinch of salt
100g grated cheese
85ml sunflower oil
100g grated courgettes
100g sun blush tomatoes, chopped
15ml (1 Tbsp) pesto
12 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 200oC fan
- In a bowl mix together the flours, baking powder & salt. Stir in the grated cheese.
- Mix together the eggs, oil & milk and stir into the flour.
- Fold in the additional ingredients of your choice such as courgettes, tomatoes & pesto.
- Place 12 liners in a muffin tray and divide mixture equally.
- Add toppings before baking – such as cherry tomatoes and pine nuts. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Serve warm or place on a cooling rack and store in an airtight container once cold.